COVID-19 Coronavirus Information
Please watch this space for important updates about Royal Credit Union's COVID-19 (coronavirus) prevention and response measures.
Tuesday, March 24, 2:00 p.m.
- Royal Credit Union remains financially strong and is here to serve our Members throughout this challenging time.
- All Royal offices, with the exception of Edina and Stillwater, will remain open for drive-up service. Edina and Stillwater will be temporarily closed in accordance with recent government stay-at-home orders intended to limit person-to-person contact. Starting March 25, 2020, in-person appointments will no longer be available, and all office lobby areas will be closed to Members until further notice.
- If you have an in-person appointment scheduled at one of our offices, we will contact you with further information.
- We are committed to protecting our Members, team members, and communities from the spread of COVID-19 as much as possible. Even as an essential financial business, we feel it’s important to do our part to prevent inadvertently transmitting the virus. During this time, we ask our Members to visit our office drive-ups only when absolutely necessary.
- Our digital options, including online banking and our mobile app, remain available 24/7 and allow you to manage your accounts anywhere. You can check balances, transfer funds, make payments, and even deposit checks right from your smartphone.
- You can open an account or apply for a loan online or by phone. Please call 800-341-9911 and we’d be happy to help you with your loan and account needs. We may experience longer wait times to speak to a representative by phone, but we are committed to being here for you and appreciate your patience.
- ATMs will continue to be available as usual, unless the ATM is located inside an office area that is now closed.
- Night drop deposits will continue to be processed at all offices as normal, except at Stillwater and Edina, which will be processed Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
Monday, March 23, 3:00 p.m.
- Royal is committed to helping our Members during these challenging times, especially if you're facing financial hardship. We're pleased to announce our new Royal Relief program which includes low-interest loans, automatic credit line increases on existing lines of credit, and payment forbearance options. To learn more about our Royal Relief program, please click here.
- We also have a relief program in place for businesses, as well as a list of additional resources for business owners to take advantage of during this time. For more information for businesses, please see the resources available here.
Thursday, March 19, 4:30 p.m.
- Starting Friday, March 20, 2020, RCU Investment & Insurance team members will begin working remotely. They will remain available by phone and email as usual, but in order to allow them to serve as many Members as possible while minimizing the risk of spreading COVID-19 they are no longer offering in-person appointments. To read the full announcement, please click here.
Tuesday, March 17, 12:00 p.m.
- We've been hearing two common concerns from Members after announcing our lobby closures and would like to address them here:
- For Members who have appointments (for example, a loan closing appointment), at this time those appointments will continue as usual in their normally scheduled locations, including our office lobby areas. While the lobby will remain closed, a Royal team member will meet you at the door and proceed with the appointment as usual. We are practicing social distancing as much as possible and also allowing extra time in between appointments to thoroughly clean surfaces and equipment. A Royal team member may be contacting you to provide more information or see if you'd like to change a scheduled appointment.
- Besides our office lobbies being closed, almost all other Royal operations continue as normal. Payments and transfers will continue to be processed and your payment cards, including debit cards, will continue to work. You can continue to manage your account online, by phone, or in person at a drive-up. We are working with Members to find solutions for their needs on a case-by-case basis, but rest assured most of Royal Credit Union is performing business as usual.
Tuesday, March 17, 8:30 a.m.
- Starting Wednesday, March 18, 2020, lobby areas will be closed until further notice at all Royal Credit Union offices. Drive-ups will remain open. We will provide an update when we plan to resume lobby service at a later date.
- The Royal Credit Union corporate center will also be closed to the public during this time. This preventive measure is being taken to protect our Members and team members from the spread of COVID-19. Member and team member safety remains our top priority.
- Drive-ups will remain open normal hours, and we'll offer as many of our normal lobby services from the drive-up as we can and work with you to find a solution to meet your needs.
- If you have an appointment scheduled, we'll be reaching out to you with more details.
- To see the full announcement details, please visit the Lobby Closing Announcement page.
Monday, March 16, 11:30 a.m.
- Recognizing the potential impact of COVID-19 on people's incomes and their ability to make their mortgage loan and home equity line of credit (HELOC) payments, we are offering Members up to six months of medical forbearance on mortgage and HELOC payments. For more information, please contact us.
Monday, March 16, 10:45 a.m.
- We are urging our Members to reconsider withdrawing large amounts of cash during this time. To read the full announcement, please see the announcement page.
Friday, March 13, 3:25 p.m.
- Starting Friday, March 13, we are asking Members who are sick to use our drive-up services and avoid coming into the lobby area. Online banking and our mobile app are other excellent alternatives, and are available 24x7.
- We continue to follow CDC guidelines and are regularly cleaning counters, door handles, desks, phones, and other office equipment multiple times throughout the day.
- Our team members continue to be updated with the latest information to keep themselves and their families safe. We are encouraging sick team members to remain at home, and limiting non-essential team member travel.
- We understand that the current economic uncertainty is causing concern for Members. If you've been thinking about withdrawing a large amount of cash, we'd like to let you know that this isn't something we encourage. Your deposits are federally insured by NCUA up to $250,000 and backed by the U.S. government. Cash is not insured and can be stolen, lost, or destroyed. Carrying large amounts of cash also comes with considerable risk. Please know that the transfer options in online banking and our mobile app ensure you can access funds 24x7.
Friday, March 13, 1:25 p.m.
- We're hearing of an increase in fraudulent emails related to COVID-19 as scammers and con artists try to capitalize on the situation. We'd like to remind Members to be wary of any unusual email messages or telephone calls. You can find more tips to avoid fraud on our Identity Theft page.
Thursday, March 12, 9 a.m.
- Brandon Riechers, Royal Credit Union President & CEO, issued a message about the COVID-19 coronavirus to all Members. To read the message, please click here.