Enjoy peace of mind knowing that you can make important purchases with your RCU Check Card even if you lose track of your account balance. Overdrawing your account can happen easily if more than one person is making purchases from the same account. With Check Card Coverage, you can save yourself the embarrassment of having your transaction declined because there is not enough money in your account.
Check Card Coverage works by acting as a cushion when your transaction total is more than you have in your account. By opting-in to this service, you give RCU permission to approve the transaction and charge your account.
You must opt-in to benefit from this service. If your account qualifies, we will allow your account to go negative in order to pay a check card transaction. RCU will look for all possible draw sources you have first - such as savings accounts, Kwik Cash, or Primeline. Check Card Coverage will be the last resource. The service covers ATM card use for cards that are linked to a checking account and used at a merchant as a pinned transaction; however, it does not apply to withdrawals at an ATM.
Benefits of Check Card Coverage
Your transactions may be approved even if the total is more than you have in your account. This may be important if you don't have an alternative form of payment to complete your purchase.
There is no cost to have Check Card Coverage unless you use it.
View complete listing of charges.
You have the flexibility to change your mind.
If you sign up for Check Card Coverage and it isn’t for you, just call
RCU Member Service and we will opt you out.
Opt-in to Check Card Coverage
You can opt-in to Check Card Coverage in several different ways:
- Register through online banking or business online banking. Under Self Service, look for the Check Card Coverage section and request coverage for your accounts(s).
- Visit any RCU office. Find a location near you.
- Call RCU Member Service at 1-800-341-9911.
- Send a secure message through online banking or business online banking with the last four digits of the account you would like opted-in.
* You must be a Member of RCU to opt-in for this service. Join RCU.