Run for it.
Featuring the Charity Classic you know & love, and 153% more family fun
See you on June 24, 2017! 10K Walk/Run • 2 Mile Walk/Run • ½ and ¼ Mile Children's Race • Family Fun
Activities • Food and More…
#RockHunt2017 - The Rock has been found! Please submit your #RockHunt2017 photos for a chance at awesome prizes!
Online registration will close Thursday, June 22, at 11:59 p.m. To register after that time, visit the Royal Credit Union Corporate Center on Friday, June 23, from 4:30 – 7 p.m. or on Saturday, June 24, no later than 30 minutes prior to race start.
The RCU Foundation Rock the Riverfront, featuring the Charity Classic is your favorite event, bigger & better than ever! If you’re looking to pound the proverbial pavement, you can still enjoy one of the Chippewa Valley’s prettiest running routes. And, if you’re not a runner, there are still plenty of reasons to head to Phoenix Park to help the Royal Credit Union Foundation raise money for a great cause.
Plan to spend the day with us!
- 10K and 2 mile walk/run, kids’ races (registration includes a T-shirt, a charity vote, and a meal ticket!)
- "No-K” for Non-runners
- Family Games (inflatables, balloon animals, face-painting, and more!)
- Food Trucks (Gordo’s Mexican, Bubbles BBQ, KC Concessions, Crave 8020, Soul Brewed Coffee)
For questions about the race route or logistics, contact Emily Blaskey, 715-829-3617, Indianhead Track Club.
For questions about race registration, contact Heather Johnson Schmitz, 715-833-8142, Royal Credit Union.
And the “charity” part is bigger & better, too! Proceeds from the event will go to:
- Feed My People Food Bank, Eau Claire
- Boys & Girls Club, Chippewa Falls
- Huey’s Hideaway Children’s Museum, Medford/Colby
All three will benefit, but YOU get to choose our big winner! If you register for one of the races, you will receive one free vote at the time of registration. Additional votes can be purchased to help the Charity of your choice win the big prize.
- First place - $15,000
- Second place - $7,500
- Third place - $5,000
All registered participants receive a free t-shirt, meal ticket, and one free charity vote.
10K & 2 Mile Walk/Run
- $35 Pre-registration thru June 20
- $40 after June 20
- No running or walking, just a fun activity with all the same perks!
- $20 Pre-registration thru June 20
- $25 after June 20
- $15 Pre-registration thru June 20
- $20 after June 20
Friday, June 23, 2017
- 4:30 - 7 p.m. - Pre-registration packet pick-up at Royal Credit Union Corporate Center, 200 Riverfront Terrace, Eau Claire
Saturday, June 24, 2017
- 8 a.m. Registration and pre-registration packet pick-up
- 9 a.m. 10K Run/Walk
- 10:30 a.m. 2 Mile Run/Walk
- 11:15 a.m. 1/2 Mile Children's Race
- 11:25 a.m. 1/4 Mile Children's Race
- 12 Noon, No-K "No-Race" Race
- 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. Family games, good trucks, live music, and more!
Thank you to our sponsors and partners! If you would like to sponsor, contact us.
A total of 625 men, women, and children participated in the Charity Classic on October 8, 2016. On behalf of the Royal Credit Union Foundation and our commitment to creating a positive impact in the communities we serve, we made a total gift of $25,000 to Beaver Creek Reserve.
The Charity Classic has been held annually by Royal Credit Union since 1994, and has donated over $227,000 to area charities. It is our goal to make this event even better and give even more back to the communities we serve.