Royal Credit Union Members Re-Elect Two Board of Directors
Eau Claire, WI – At the 53rd Annual Meeting of Royal Credit Union held Tuesday, April 25, at Royal’s Corporate Center, two board members were re-elected to three-year terms— Nancy Beltz and Tom Huffcutt.
- Nancy Beltz, a Certified Credit Union Volunteer, has served on the board since 1999. Beltz also serves on the Finance Committee. Nancy’s vision is that Royal remains a financially strong institution committed to delivering a wide range of affordable products and services available to all people in the communities it serves.
- Tom Huffcutt, a Certified Credit Union Volunteer, has served on the board since 2013. Currently, Huffcutt is Vice Chairman of the Board and serves on the Compensation/Governance Committee and Audit Committee. Tom’s vision is to ensure Royal offers a high level of value and customer service to its Members in order to be the financial institution of choice in the communities it serves.
At the reorganization meeting, Doug Olson was elected Chairman; Tom Huffcutt was elected Vice Chairman; John Sackett was elected Treasurer; and Jennifer McDonough was elected Secretary. Nancy Beltz, Bill Blackburn, and Stuart Schaefer serve as Directors.
Many of Royal’s accomplishments in 2016 were discussed at the annual meeting. Following are the highlights:
- In the past three years, Royal has eliminated 69 fees saving Members over $15.3 million.
- Royal received the 1st Place State Louise Herring Award and the 2nd Place National-Level Louise Herring Award for Credit Union Philosophy-in-Action.
- Royal had record deposit growth and significant loan growth in 2016 due to higher deposit rates and lower loan rates than its competitors.
- Royal was one of only 14 credit unions nationally to receive the Credit Union Journal’s 2016 National Best Practices Award for its commitment to process improvement and operational efficiency.
- Community is also important to Royal. Last year, Royal’s team members and volunteers gave over 40,000 hours serving their communities. Through the RCU Foundation, Royal was also able to provide financial support to some large impact projects such as the Boys & Girls Club and Beaver Creek Reserve in the Chippewa Valley. The Twin Cities YMCA Camp St. Croix also received funding from the RCU Foundation.
- Royal is a certified Community Development Financial Institution, which allows the credit union to receive grant funding to improve local economies and the lives of its Members.
- Royal Credit Union is driven by a core ideology and is proud to have received the following awards:
- Best Employer of the Chippewa Valley (Volume One)
- Best Bank or Credit Union of the Chippewa Valley (Volume One)
- Best Credit Union by the Edina Sun in Edina, Minnesota.
Royal Credit Union is a federally insured credit union serving over 180,000 Members with 25 full service offices. Royal is driven by a core ideology which is built on strong purpose and values. You can open an account or apply for a low-rate loan at Royal Credit Union if you live or work in 23 counties in Western Wisconsin or 12 counties in Minnesota. Counties served in Wisconsin include Adams, Barron, Buffalo, Burnett, Chippewa, Clark, Dunn, Eau Claire, Jackson, Lincoln, Marathon, Pepin, Pierce, Polk, Portage, Price, Rusk, Sawyer, St. Croix, Taylor, Trempealeau, Washburn, and Wood. Counties served in Minnesota include Anoka, Carver, Chisago, Dakota, Goodhue, Hennepin, Olmsted, Ramsey, Scott, Wabasha, Washington, and Winona. Realtors in the state of Wisconsin or Minnesota are also eligible to join the credit union. Visit rcu.org or call Royal Credit Union at 1-800-341-9911 for more information.