Debit cards are a fast, easy way to pay for your purchases. They can be processed as a debit or credit transaction anywhere that Visa® is accepted, and may or may not require a PIN or signature depending on the merchant. Some merchants allow you to receive cash back when using your debit card. When you use your debit card at a merchant, funds are withdrawn from the linked account with no finance charges. A free debit card is included with all consumer and business checking accounts at Royal Credit Union. Apply for a checking account at an office and get your debit card issued instantly!
Debit Card Features
- Free instant-issue consumer debit cards at Royal offices
- Free withdrawals and deposits at Royal ATMS and 40,000 more ATMs nationwide
- Easily view and manage your card from online banking and our mobile app
- EMV chip and fraud monitoring help keep your information secure
- Free Apple Pay®, Google Pay™, and Samsung Pay™ compatibility
- Compatible with Visa Secure Remote Commerce
More Debit Card Details
- Each time you use your Royal debit card, your debit card swipes help fund the RCU Foundation to support organizations in our communities.
- Your Royal debit card is also your ATM card. You can make surcharge-free transactions at all Royal ATMs, as well as at shared ATMs that are part of the MoneyPass, Visa Plus Alliance (Plus), or Alliance One networks. Use our locations page to find surcharge-free ATMs.
- You can also make deposits at any MoneyPass, Visa Plus Alliance, or Alliance One ATM if it is a deposit-enabled ATM and the owner accepts deposits to other financial institutions. The owner may also charge for these deposits.
- If you plan to use your debit card while traveling, you can set travel notifications to alert our fraud monitoring team that you’ll be using your debit card at locations outside your normal spending.
A Royal Credit Union debit card is more secure than cash or checks because the money passes through fewer hands and is transferred electronically. Your card is also monitored to prevent fraud, and your online purchases may be protected with Visa Secure.
As part of our fraud monitoring, we're always on the lookout for transactions outside your normal spending area. You can help us protect your account by adding a travel notification to your card if you plan to use it while traveling.