Add Real-World Experience To Your Resume
We provide a variety of paid professional internships for college students. An internship at Royal Credit Union gives students learning opportunities in a professional setting related to their field of study at a university or technical college. Interns also gain a competitive advantage on future job applications, the experience needed to make informed career decisions, and a network of professional connections in their chosen area. In return, Royal gains fresh perspectives on our processes and efficiencies. The length of the internship and the internship start date vary according to the department and position.
Examples Of Internship Positions And Their Duties Include:
- The Accounting/Auditing Intern provides structured experience in Royal’s Accounting and Audit Services Departments. They will work first in one area, then transfer to the other. In the accounting department, they will perform various accounting projects. In the Audit Services department, they will assist with financial, operational, and compliance audits.
- The Business Process Analyst Intern assists in evaluating and designing business process requirements with a Member-first focus. This includes researching and analyzing data in support of business functions, process knowledge, and systems requirements. It also includes project and process management.
- The Community Engagement Intern assists with the implementation of events and other Community Engagement activities. They are responsible for coordinating Royal Credit Union participation during events. They are also asked to provide feedback following event completion.
- The Digital Marketing Intern provides support to the Digital Marketing team. They will assist with digital marketing, website SEO, and communication management.
- The Marketing Intern provides support to the Marketing team. They will assist with campaign development and deployment, social media management, and overall marketing strategies.
- The Mortgage Intern assists with day-to-day mortgage lending operations. They also provide an exceptional experience to our Members and team members with every interaction.
- The Organizational Talent Services (HR) Intern works with leaders of open positions throughout the recruiting and selection process. They assist the Talent Services department with projects related to recruiting, onboarding, and orientation.
- The Programmer Analyst Intern assists with developing, maintaining, and supporting new and existing applications. They also help create reports for business units and automate system processes to create efficiencies.
- The Technical Services Intern assists with providing technical support. They install PCs and associated software, hardware, and peripherals. They also perform routine troubleshooting, support, and maintenance tasks.
- The Technical Writing Intern develops articles and updates content on the company intranet. They collect, manage, and analyze information to explain complex concepts. They develop, edit, and publish user documentation using Microsoft Word and technical authoring tools.
Breanna Quinton, Audit Services Intern
"Being an intern at Royal has been amazing. I've grown in many ways, but two of the biggest changes I've seen are in my critical thinking and communication skills. I’ve conducted meetings with our Executives and have presented results to the Board Audit Committee. Everyone at Royal is so friendly and the work you're given is actually important. You can see that it really adds value."
Miranda Bielecki, Technical Services Intern
“My experience at Royal has been phenomenal. I’m getting hands-on experience daily, and everyone is so welcoming and supportive at Royal! Royal is also flexible with work hours, making it very easy to work while going to school full time. My time at Royal has significantly enhanced my experience in IT and I know this will help me tremendously as I continue in my career.”
Seth Schalinske, Programmer Analyst Intern
“You’ll be getting coffee with, instead of for, the great people that work here! I’m doing challenging, rewarding work that allows me to apply the skills I learned in school while working alongside great people who are always willing to lend a hand.”