Add Real-World Experience To Your Resume
We provide a variety of paid professional internships for college students. An internship at Royal Credit Union gives students learning opportunities in a professional setting related to their field of study at a university or technical college. Interns also gain a competitive advantage on future job applications, the experience needed to make informed career decisions, and a network of professional connections in their chosen area. In return, Royal gains fresh perspectives on our processes and efficiencies. The length of the internship and the internship start date vary according to the department and position.
Internship Positions And Their Duties Include:
- The Accounting/Auditing Intern provides structured experience in Royal’s Accounting and Audit Services Departments. They will work first in one area, then transfer to the other. In the accounting department, they will perform various accounting projects. In the Audit Services department, they will assist with financial, operational, and compliance audits.
- The Business Process Analyst Intern assists in evaluating and designing business process requirements with a Member-first focus. This includes researching and analyzing data in support of business functions, process knowledge, and systems requirements. It also includes project and process management.
- The Business Intelligence Intern will work closely with Royal’s Business Intelligence & Analytics team to assist our business partners with using data, analysis, and visualizations to drive business decisions and strategies across the organization. The intern will work in partnership with IT mentors and business stakeholders to implement analytic solutions that support business strategies and create efficiencies. They may also assist in project work to improve processes within the data analytics team.
- The Community Engagement Intern assists with the implementation of events and other Community Engagement activities. They are responsible for coordinating Royal Credit Union participation during events. They are also asked to provide feedback following event completion.
- The Digital Experience intern will provide overall support to the Digital Experience team by assisting with data analytics, website optimization, and communication management.
- The Financial Analyst Intern will provide support to the Finance Department by assisting with and completing various financial analyses, projects, and reports and other finance duties as assigned.
- The Graphic Designer Marketing Intern is responsible for assisting the Graphic Designer in creating graphic designs and coordinating creative design initiatives to successfully achieve our goals and build awareness of Royal Credit Union across all of our markets. The Graphic Designer Marketing Intern uses graphic design skills to maintain a clear message and a consistent brand image across all channels, including web and digital. Outside of graphic design, they are also responsible for assisting with multiple marketing initiatives as it relates to overall Marketing Strategies, Key Success Factors, and Corporate Goals for Royal Credit Union.
- The Infrastructure Intern provides technical support for Royal Credit Union under the direction of the Infrastructure Manager. This intern will configure and maintain network equipment, servers, virtual machines, and associated applications. In addition they will perform routine troubleshooting, support and maintenance tasks.
- The Multimedia and Communication Intern is responsible for assisting the Shared Project Services team and Program Director of Organizational Alignment, Diversity, and Inclusion with coordinating, creating, and developing videography, photography, and multimedia initiatives to effectively support internal team member communication and training. The Intern applies a creative mindset in achieving business objectives, with an understanding of the technical aspects of digital photography, videography, animation, and graphics.
- The Multimedia Marketing Intern is responsible for assisting the Multimedia Marketing Coordinator with creating, developing, and coordinating all videography, photography, and multimedia initiatives to successfully achieve our goals and build awareness of Royal Credit Union across all of our markets. The Multimedia Marketing Intern has a creative mindset with an understanding of the technical aspects of digital photography, videography, animation, and web graphics.
- The Organizational Talent Services (HR) Intern works with leaders of open positions throughout the recruiting and selection process. They assist the Talent Services department with projects related to recruiting, onboarding, and orientation.
- The Social Media Marketing intern is responsible for assisting with multiple marketing initiatives as it relates to overall Marketing Strategies, Key Success Factors, and Corporate Goals for Royal Credit Union. They will provide overall support to the Marketing team through campaign development and assisting with the implementation of our overall Content Strategy and Social Media Strategy through boosting Royal’s brand presence and engagement by promoting products and services, and increasing our ROI.
- The Technical Services Intern assists with providing technical support. They install PCs and associated software, hardware, and peripherals. They also perform routine troubleshooting, support, and maintenance tasks.
- The Technical Writer Intern supports the corporate communication strategy by developing and updating content accessible from the company intranet. Collect, manage, and analyze information, and explain complex information in a clear and concise manner. Develop, edit, and publish online and hard copy user documentations using Microsoft Word and technical authoring tools such as MadCap Flare.
Internships & The Corporate Learning Curve
Jack and Lauryn, two of Royal’s current interns, join Cooper, Steve, and James to share their insights into internships! This Money Donuts® episode covers internship experiences at Royal, the corporate learning curve, career aspirations, and much more. Listen to this episode to learn about the unique opportunities that an internship can offer!
Meet Some of Our Past Interns
Journie Rosenow, Community Engagement Intern
“An internship at Royal has exceeded my expectations in a variety of ways. Not only is it a chance to grow professionally, but also to get involved in communities and build relationships. The team members at Royal have continuously encouraged and supported me throughout the whole experience. For example, my supervisors provided projects that fall within what I have expressed interest in and I had opportunities to learn and grow in each area. I am grateful for my time as a Community Engagement Intern at Royal Credit Union.”
Seth Schalinske, Programmer Analyst Intern
“You’ll be getting coffee with, instead of for, the great people that work here! I’m doing challenging, rewarding work that allows me to apply the skills I learned in school while working alongside great people who are always willing to lend a hand.”
Morgan Jaeger, Marketing Intern
"I couldn’t speak more highly of my experience here at Royal as a Marketing Intern. From day one I knew it was going to be a one-of-a-kind experience. I came in with high expectations and Royal has exceeded every single one. The team members here make sure you are set up for success not only for the job, but for your career after your internship. I can leave my internship confident in my abilities as a marketer thanks to Royal."