Combined Mobile App For Personal & Business Logins Arriving Late June 2023
In late June 2023, Royal will be updating our current personal "Royal Credit Union" mobile app to allow users to log in and manage both personal and business accounts from the same app.
The target date for this update is June 21, 2023, although that date is subject to change. More information will be emailed to business online banking administrators with business app users as the timing is finalized.
Combined App Details
- Once this update is complete, users of Royal’s business mobile app "Royal Credit Union - Business" will need to begin using the latest version of our "Royal Credit Union" personal mobile app. The personal app may be downloaded from the app store on mobile devices. The Royal Credit Union Business app will no longer be supported when the new combined app is available and can be deleted from mobile devices at that time. The combined app will be released as an update to our current personal mobile app.
- The new mobile app will allow both personal and business users to log in and manage their accounts from the same app using their existing usernames and passwords. Besides the new login experience, no other features of the business mobile experience will change. Once you log in using your business credentials, you will see the same familiar business account features that you are used to using in the same experience, separate from any personal accounts.
- There will be no impact to your preferences, scheduled transfers, or any other saved information in online or mobile banking. You do not need to do anything before the updated app is available. Royal’s business online banking platform will not be impacted by this change.
- There will be no changes to the personal account experience in our app or personal online banking. The business account experience will remain separate from the personal account experience. Some business Members such as sole proprietors have access to both personal and business accounts in Royal’s personal account experience. These business Members will continue to log in to the personal experience.
Businesses With Multiple Users
- If you are the business online banking administrator for your organization, please share this information with any other business users at your organization who use the business mobile app.
How Combined Logins Will Work
- For details about how the new login process will accommodate both personal and business users, please see our article about saving personal and business login info in the new combined app. Learn about saving personal and business login info in the new app.
Why Royal Is Making This Change
- As a credit union, Royal exists to serve our Members. We recognize the need to continue to offer digital banking solutions that make things easier for our Members. Switching to a combined mobile app will increase convenience for Members that have both business and personal account relationships with Royal.
- A combined app will also allow a more consistent release schedule for feature enhancements and updates. Our separate Royal Business app was no longer being updated regularly.
- A combined app positions Royal to take advantage of opportunities for future digital banking features that will have positive impacts for both personal and business Members. While these additional feature changes are not currently planned, we are always exploring opportunities to enhance our digital experiences for the benefit of our Members.