July 17, 2020
As part of RCU Foundation’s virtual Rock the Riverfront 2020, runners and walkers were encouraged to enter their race times for a chance to win prizes. Offerings included fun gift baskets with protein bars and custom-made metal hooks where our runners can hang their exclusive Rock the Riverfront medals! We have all the times in and have randomly drawn the winners; they will be contacted via email to coordinate picking up or mailing their prizes.
An online Youth BINGO Challenge was also held to help encourage kids to stay active. Kids under 13 years old filled in their bingo sheets with activities like jumping rope, balancing on one foot, taking deep breaths, and playing catch with a ball.
Thank you to everyone who registered, ran, walked, recorded their times, or played BINGO. Proceeds from this event go towards three charities each year; this year’s charity partners were Family Support Center of Chippewa Falls, National Alliance on Mental Illness Chippewa Valley, and New Horizons Shelter and Outreach Centers in Whitehall. A total of $27,500 was awarded to these three charities where the needs have only grown since the COVID-19 pandemic. We can’t wait to see everyone in 2021 for Rock the Riverfront Featuring the Charity Classic back in Phoenix Park on Saturday, June 26.
Youth Bingo Challenge
- Bristyl P. of Eau Claire – Prize: Kids protein bar basket and $30 Scheels gift card
- Elliot S. of Eau Claire – Prize: Kids protein bar basket and $30 Scheels gift card
Race Time Participants
- Asher G. of Eau Claire – Prize: Couple Runner medal hook, Local Store caramels, and $20 Scheels gift card
- Seth S. of Eau Claire – Prize: Male Runner medal hook and $20 Scheels gift card
- Denise N. of Menomonie – Prize: Female Runner medal hook and $20 Scheels gift card
- John A. of Chippewa Falls – Prize: Protein bar basket and $20 Scheels gift card
- Kristi E. of Eau Claire – Prize: Protein bar basket and $20 Scheels gift card